Which is the best gear on the outdoor trip? Yes, you are right. It’s a camping cot.
Without the best camping cot, your outdoor trip will be hell. On the night of camping, you can understand the importance of the best camping cot.
Personally, camping with the family is my favorite time of the year. That is why I make sure I get the best gears I can find on the market.
If you’re like me, then you should know that a cot is one of the most important items you need for your camping trip.
However, I have discovered that the problem many people have is with choosing the right product. This best camping cot review will help you.
In choosing the best cot for your camping trip, you must consider the size, durability and strength, protection and resilience, texture, and quality of the material used.
It is important that it is comfortable enough for you and your family and provides long-lasting satisfaction for as long as you need it. I am presenting you with a choice of 10 best camping cot 2018 to choose from. Stay with me as I walk you through everything you should know about these products.
Table Of Content
- 1 1o Best Camping Cots 2020 Comparison
- 1.1 1. Kamp-Rite Oversize Review – Best Camping Cot Tent
- 1.2 2. KingCamp Ultralight Camping Cot Review
- 1.3 3. Disc-O-Bed Large Camping Cot For Two Review
- 1.4 4. Big Agnes Helinox One V2 – Best Comping Cot 2019
- 1.5 5. Coleman ComfortSmart Deluxe Cot – Best Camping Bed
- 1.6 6. Therm-a-Rest LuxuryLite Mesh Cot Review
- 1.7 7. TETON Sports Outfitter XXL Camping Cot Review
- 1.8 8. ALPS Mountaineering Ready Lightweight Cot Review
- 1.9 9. Therm-A-Rest LuxuryLite Mesh Cot Review
- 1.10 10. Kamp-Rite Tent Kwik-Cot FC321 – Most Comfortable Camping Cot
- 1.11 Final Words
- 1.12 Related
1o Best Camping Cots 2020 Comparison
1. Kamp-Rite Oversize Review – Best Camping Cot Tent
Just like every other amazing cot on the market, this offers 2-in-1 satisfaction for your pleasurable camping experience. It is not just a sit-on cot but also serves as a tent, protecting you from the weather.
It is very easy to set up and takes only a few seconds. Then all that is left is to toss in your sleeping bag or blanket and you’re set for the night.
Step out in style and enjoy your outdoor moments like never before with this versatile tent cot from Kamp-Rite.
It is very roomy and stands 11 inches off the ground, keeping you away from moisture and creeping insects and rodents.
This tent cot is also easily collapsible, allowing you enjoy the warmth of the noonday sun, and can also be used as a lounge chair.
The frame is made of durable aluminum, yet extremely lightweight, so you don’t have a problem lifting it all by yourself from your garage to your car and from your car to your camping spot.
The tent part of this cot features two layers, with windows on all sides. The interior no-see-um mesh is breathable, allowing sufficient airflow, but yet protects you from insects.
- Features tent cover for protection.
- Breathable interior nylon mesh for maximum airflow.
- Very roomy cot.
- Cot is very dynamic.
- Keeps you dry and safe.
- Easy and quick setup.
- Quite bulky for long distances.
- Can take only one person.
2. KingCamp Ultralight Camping Cot Review
This is another amazing tent cot that you can take with you on your next camping trip. It offers all the amazing camping satisfaction you can think of, ranging from unequaled relaxation, comfort, and outdoor luxury.
The aluminum alloy frame is extremely durable and can carry weight up to 265 lbs. KingCamp has been a major market player for more than 16 years, distributing quality camping gears to more than 38 countries. So it doesn’t really matter where you are.
This cot is extremely lightweight and has a full setup dimension of 75 × 25 × 4.7 inches. It is a rewarding way to spend the nights out. It can also serve as an extra sleeping cot for your guests at night.
One amazing feature of this cot is that it comes with a pillow bag in which you can put your carry bag and have a comfortable pillow for enhanced comfort.
This will also protect your back and neck from sore and pains. What’s more, the mechanism adds no extra weight.
- Pillow for improved comfort.
- It is extremely lightweight.
- Good off-ground distance.
- The frame is extremely durable.
- Easy setup and fold up.
- Carry bag for easy transport.
- Uncomfortable crossing support arms.
- Sleeping pad lacks back support.
3. Disc-O-Bed Large Camping Cot For Two Review
Talk about innovation, class, and style, this product has got it all. This bunk is designed to accommodate two people in a manner that we are probably already used to.
The steel frame is durable and easily adjustable for uneven ground levels. It is designed with a modular disc system that allows it to fit together smoothly and disassembled quite easily too for storage.
It is also very stable for a comfortable sleep. The sleeping surface is made of polyester fabric; just what you need for super amazing sleep time.
As far back as 1988, Disc-O-Bed has been making solid beds for families and organizations. Its patented disc-system bed is currently being used for emergency and military purposes.
This bankable cot can also be used as a bench by disassembling and using them separately. It is not just convenient and versatile but is sturdy as well.
Each cot can carry weight up to 500 lbs. These two cots also have organizers attached to them where you can keep personal belongings close by.
- Easily foldable and collapsible.
- Carry bag included.
- Dual cots for two people
- Bunk feature saves space.
- Enhanced storage with organizers.
- 11 inches off the ground.
- Quite heavy for carriage.
- Requires some assembly effort.
4. Big Agnes Helinox One V2 – Best Comping Cot 2019
If you’re one of those who fancy simplicity and strength, the Big Agnes Helinox Cot One V2 is probably what you would need. It is an open cot with no covers above, perfect for a summer camp.
It is one of the simplest cots you’ll find anywhere, resulting in a quick setup that requires no tools. The TH72M aluminum provides tension and strong support for comfortable sleep.
With a weight of 4.2 lbs, the cot can carry a person with weight up to 320 lbs. The cot is easily foldable for easy storage and transport. Just fold it up and put it in the carry bag.
This cot is large enough to comfortably hold a full-grown adult. It is a great way to relax and soak yourself in the sun during the summer. This is why it has made my list of best camping cot 2018.
It is easy to set up and fold up, it is durable, and can prove very handy when you least expect it. Some people have also used it as a guest bed at home.
Just set it up and place a sleeping bag or pad on it and you’re good to go. And in the morning, you just fold it up and keep it in your basement.
- Durable and sturdy.
- Long-lasting and comfortable.
- It is very easy to set up and fold up.
- Carry bag for easy storage
- It is also lightweight.
- Durable sleeping surface nylon.
- Stands 6 inches off the ground.
- No Protective tent against harm.
- No extra support features.
5. Coleman ComfortSmart Deluxe Cot – Best Camping Bed
This is by far one of the cheapest cots in this review of best cots 2018. However, there is no compromise on quality.
This entry by Coleman, a major camping gears brand, will give you great comfort every time you decide to have a day or weekend out. One superb feature of this cot is the thick foam that comes with it.
It rests comfortably on the spring coil suspension, allowing you to relish sleep time and wake up feeling refreshed. I know how much we all crave such satisfaction.
The Cot’s pad measures great, able to hold someone up to 6ft 6 inches tall. The suspension frame is durable and heavy duty with a weight resilience capacity of up to 300 lbs.
The cot is easily foldable and can fit conveniently in your trunk. It is this amazing convenience that makes it a great choice for many campers across the world.
If you’ve ever used a gear by Coleman, you’ll understand how much emphasis they give to quality. If what you desire is comfort and durability, this might just be what you want.
- Spring coil suspension for back support.
- Very easy to fold.
- It is budget friendly.
- Included 1-year warranty.
- Durable steel frame.
- It is also lightweight and can be carried easily by one person.
- Fold-up is awkward and tasking.
- The sleeping pad might sag with time.
6. Therm-a-Rest LuxuryLite Mesh Cot Review
The Therm-a-Rest LuxuryLite Mesh Cot is a suitable cot for when you go camping, especially in mild sunny weather.
It is made with a breathable fabric that allows for superb ventilation. Also, worrying about size or move-ability is not a problem, as the mesh cot is very much lightweight.
At the same time, it is very compact. Setting it up is a very simple and easy task. This USA-made mesh cot is very durable as its fabric is stretch free.
It also comes in sizes so you can pick the most suitable for you. So it doesn’t matter whether you’re 5 ft 2” or 6 ft 5”, you will always have one that suits you.
This is a perfect design that ensures you get maximum rest, with great back and lumbar support for maximum comfort.
- Compact for easy storage.
- Lightweight allows easy packing.
- Easy and simple set up.
- Made of durable nylon.
- Breathable fabric for superb Ventilation.
- Includes deluxe carry bag.
- Carry bag lacks extra space.
7. TETON Sports Outfitter XXL Camping Cot Review
If you are looking for a perfect cot for camping, hunting or other purposes, then the TETON Sports Outfitter XXL Camping Cot might just be the ideal choice for you.
It has an 85-by-40-inch (216x102x48cm) sleeping area. The Outfitter is larger than a twin mattress for your comfort.
Also, the Cot folds up to a compact 42x12x7 inch (107x30x18 cm), allowing you to conveniently pack it in the free storage bag it comes with. You can as well travel with it at ease. Its pack weight is 26 pounds (11.8 kg).
The outfitter cot is made with a durable 600D Oxford canvas bed that sits on a beautifully designed aluminum frame. The frame is extruded for extra balance.
Its steel S-leg assembly can carry up to 600 pounds. Setting it up will certainly not be a problem; it is an easy process. You don’t even require any sort of tool or instrument to do that. There’s a good reason it’s in this best camping cot review 2018. You can only find out for yourself if you try it out.
- It is very durable.
- Easy assemblage and disassemblage.
- Sturdy and super comfortable.
- Limited lifetime warranty.
- Larger than a twin mattress.
- Not comfortable without padding.
- Canvass may slack over time.
8. ALPS Mountaineering Ready Lightweight Cot Review
Despite its lightweight (weighs 5 pounds) which ensures easy mobility, the ALPS Mountaineering Ready Lite Cot is very much durable and strong as it has a 300-pound weight capacity.
Its lightweight is due to the manufacturer’s use of aluminum rather than steel. The 7000 series aluminum frame Combines with an amazing 420D polyester-laced, honeycomb rip-stop fabric throughout.
Amazingly, the cot can be folded down to fit into a 7 x 17-inch carry bag. It is highly sturdy and only sags to about 2 inches or less.
The cot is also very breathable and stays several inches away from the ground. This ensures maximum protection from the coldness of the ground. It also protects you from creeping insects or rodents.
- Extremely lightweight for easy mobility.
- Light but durable aluminum frame.
- Compact and foldable.
- Carry bag included.
- 300-pound weight capacity.
- Quite tough to assemble.
9. Therm-A-Rest LuxuryLite Mesh Cot Review
The Therm-A-Rest LuxuryLite Mesh Cot is another compact and lightweight cot. It is perfect for your motorcycle trips, camps or just something to have available for your guests.
It sits well above the ground. Assembling and bringing down the cot is quite easy for users once they get it right the first time.
Its durability cannot be ignored, as it is made from stretch-free fabric that allows for less sagging. The cot’s fabric is breathable and allows for good ventilation.
The cot also features anodized aluminum poles and durable nylon feet stand; it does not punch holes through the ground. This keeps the Cot’s height stable and also ensures it doesn’t bend on any side.
- Extremely compact and lightweight.
- Eliminates painful crossbars and squeaky joints.
- It is very durable.
- Seats well above the ground.
- Allows for excellent ventilation.
- Difficult first-time setup.
- Not very budget friendly.
10. Kamp-Rite Tent Kwik-Cot FC321 – Most Comfortable Camping Cot
Are you searching for a very sturdy cot that you can enjoy for many years? Do you need a cot with frames that make no noise when you shift weight while sleeping?
Then the Kamp-Rite double Kwik cot is for you. The cot has very sturdy frames with quality fabric that does not sag, making the durability of the cot sure.
It has 9 legs to ensure weight is well distributed. The Kamp-Rite cot features 85 inches x 55 inches sleeping surface. The cot folds down to a compact 43″ x 11″ x 11″ package. Also, it weighs 35 pounds which is actually a good deal for a double cot.
It has a weight capacity of 550 lbs and it is around 18-20 inches tall (or more), which gives protection from the coldness of the ground. It is easy to assemble and doesn’t require so much effort folding it up.
- Made of sturdy frames.
- Weight distribution is guaranteed.
- Very durable and long lasting.
- It is not noisy.
- Wide sleeping surface for comfort.
- Can hold 2 regular adults.
- A little bulky when folded.
- Difficult to move around.
We know it is almost impossible to take our regular home beds when we go camping. Still, we crave that same sleeping comfort we get in our bedrooms. Ok, maybe not the same, but something close to it that won’t give us a backache.
These cots I have reviewed here are specially designed to suit your specific needs every time you go camping. Depending on the terrain, the space you have, ground level, weather, and a number of people camping with you, you can choose any of these best camping cots 2018.