For an average person new to archery, a compound bow is a much easier option. Even professional hunters prefer compound because of the finesse and the accuracy of it.
When it comes to hunting, you will need to get the best compound bow if you want to make a powerful, deadly, and accurate shot. If the need requires, you can hold your draw for much longer.
This feature is a must, especially when it comes to hunting deer. You will only get one shot, and you will need to make the most out of it.
As long as you have the stamina and strength to carry the additional weight and a lot of practice hours under your belt, you will be making those game killers shots every time.
Now, keep in mind that compound bows can get really expensive when you add in all the accessories. If you are new to this, I would suggest you head over to our buying guide section to know more about these bows.
With that being said, here is a list of some of the best compound bows out there that are suitable for both beginners and professional hunters alike.
Table Of Content
- 1 10 Best Compound Bows Reviews
- 1.1 1. Diamond Archery Infinite Edge Pro – Best Choice For 2020
- 1.2 2. Leader Accessories Review – Best Hunting Bow of All Time
- 1.3 3. RAPTOR Compound Review – Best For Hunting
- 1.4 4. Diamond Bowtech core Review – Best Bow For The Money
- 1.5 5. SAS Scorpii Review -Best Choice For Beginners
- 1.6 6. Bear Archery Cruzer Ready To Hunt – Best Hunting Bows 2018
- 1.7 7. Diamond Archery 2016 Edge Sb-1 – Lightweight Compound Bow
- 1.8 8. Bear Archery Attitude Review – Best Bow For Right Handed Hunters
- 1.9 9. Quest Radical Compound Bow – Best Bow Under 500
- 1.10 10. Diamond Archery 2016 Edges Sb-1 Review – Best New Release Bows
- 2 Things To Consider Before Choosing A Compound Bow
- 3 Conclusion
In a Hurry? The Test Winner After 9 Hrs of Research
- LIMITED TIME SALE: Draw length adjustable 24.5-31" and draw weight 30-70 lbs without needing a bow press.
- Cams are fully machined aluminum with ZERO plastic found in many other bows in this price range
- This bow has a axle to axle length of 30" and weighs 3.6 lbs. It also sports a best in class 315 ft per second when at max settings with a 350 grain arrow.
- Good Quality accessories make this bow an easy purchase; this kit package includes a 5 pin sight with light and level, biscuit style rest, stabilizer, 4 arrow quiver, and string stop. Peep sight and d-loop come pre-installed. NOW INCLUDES an allen wrench set and 2' paper target with 10 point scoring.(DOES NOT INCLUDE ARROWS)
- Compound design allows for 75% of the weight to be let off, if you pull 70 lbs you only have to hold 17.5 lbs! The Raptor also features a split yoke tuning system, allowing for precise adjustments and proper arrow flight.
10 Best Compound Bows Reviews
1. Diamond Archery Infinite Edge Pro – Best Choice For 2020
If you are searching for the best compound bow that you can use for practice, then I would recommend the Diamond Archery compound bow.
The bow is designed with great features that will enable your practices or hunting moments to be one to remember.
For example, it is designed with an extended draw length that allows you to have longer draw archers. This is important for those who love to hunt.
The bow is crafted using the best and durable materials, especially on the back wall since it cannot break even after the long stretching.
The bow does not come alone since there are other accessories packed with it such as the three pin tundra sight that enables you to adjust and have a clear view of the area you are shooting.
There is also an arrow rest for hooting, a wrist sling for hanging the bow and even tube peep sight. The bow allows you to have a variety of shots through the presence of the multi-shooter
- The bow is efficient since it is adjustable to meet the user’s needs.
- Consist of strong materials for durability purposes.
- It is versatile since one can make multiple shots at once.
- The bow can only make a draw of up to 31 inches.
- The bow does not come with a release too.
2. Leader Accessories Review – Best Hunting Bow of All Time
Apart from the beautiful colors incorporated in this compound bow, it is quite easy to use. The bow is not heavy since it weighs about 50 to 60 pounds and provides an archery draw of up to 31 inches.
It is adjustable to meet the user’s needs which are done with the Allen wrench. Note that the only parts that are adjustable include the draw weight and the draw length.
This makes the bow ideal for both amateur and professional hunters since it is pretty easy to control. Other packaged accessories include the sling for carrying the bow with and the cables.
The device is quite easy to assemble since most parts are already put together by the manufacturers. The bow is only compatible with carbon arrows and the aluminum arrows with a measurement of about 30 inches.
- The bow provides a high release speed of up to 310 FPS.
- The draw length is adjustable to offer excellent and the preferred shoot.
- The weight is also adjustable depending on the user’s comfort. You can either lower it or raise it.
- The bow does not come with a release hence one is required to purchase one.
- It is a right-handed bow.
3. RAPTOR Compound Review – Best For Hunting
This is one of the most durable bows in the market since the entire device is made of aluminum material, unlike other bows that consist of plastic. The draw length of the bow is adjustable from 24 inches to 31 inches.
The other part that you can adjust to meet your needs is the bow weight which ranges from 30 to 70 pounds. Other accessories packed together with the bow are five pin sight which is designed with light and level for clear vision in further and darker areas, it also has a whisker biscuit style rest and stabilizer.
The bow is quite easy to install since majority and complex parts like the loop and the peep sight come installed already. The bow comes with an axle that measures about 30 inches and weighs 3.6 pounds making it light to work with.
Professional hunters may consider this bow since it gives a clear shot of about 315 ft per minute when used with a 350-grain arrow at a maximum setting.
- It is easy to use.
- The bow weight and draw lengths are adjustable.
- It is easy to set up since the complicated parts are set up by the manufacturers.
Designed for right-handed people.
- The bow does not come with a sling for carrying. Hence you have to improvise or buy your own.
4. Diamond Bowtech core Review – Best Bow For The Money
This is a great and durable bow designed for right-handed hunters or other uses. The bow has a draw adjustable length which ranges from 25 to 30 inches while the weight can be adjusted from 40 to 70 pounds.
If you would like a bow that you can buy for your teen, then this is excellent due to the versatility in adjustments. The bow comes packed with other essential accessories like three pin sight.
It also has a five arrow quiver, octane stabilizer a sling for carrying it and also whisker biscuit. The bow gives a speed shoot of up to 322 feet per second.
Its vibration dampening string stops vibration and removes noise from the string. Without replacing any cams, you can adjust it 25 – 30 inches draw-length. Its allows draw weight adjustment 40 – 70 lb. so you can use it for your needs.
Don’t worry about the assembling part since the bow is usually set for you hence all you need is to add the accessories which are quite easy.
It is easy to set up and use.
- The bow gives speed shoot which is estimated to be 322 feet per second.
- It is adjustable for efficiency.
- You can also add more pins to the bow if you wish to.
- The bow is designed for right-handed people only.
- It does not come with arrows as well.
5. SAS Scorpii Review -Best Choice For Beginners
The SAS Scorpii provides hunters the extreme quality bow to hit the target with confidence. It highly allows drawing length adjustable from 19 to 29 inches.
This is easy to use the bow for beginners or the kids since it is adjustable and has easy and manageable features. For example, if you need to adjust the length or the weight of the bow, just unscrew it to achieve your expected length or weight.
Apart from the bow, there are other accessories packed as well which include the three pin sight; it also has a five arrow quiver, octane stabilizer a sling for carrying it and even the whisker biscuit.
The bow is light in weight considering it weighs about 50 pounds making it easy to maneuver around the bushes with. Note that the bow is not packed with arrows and the release hence you need to buy them separately. The draw length of the bow has a maximum length of 29 inches.
The bow has great shoots speed up to 260 FPS. So it’s the compact powerhouse bow for every shooter.
- It is light in weight making it suitable for kids.
- It is also adjustable.
- The bow comes with a carrying sling which makes its portability to be easy.
- It is easy to use since most parts are already fixed.
- It does not come with a release or arrows.
- It has a draw length maximum of 29 inches only.
6. Bear Archery Cruzer Ready To Hunt – Best Hunting Bows 2018
If you are looking for a bow that does not require a lot of time in assembling then Bear Archery is the bow to purchase. It comes with all the parts attached hence all you have to do is head to the bushes to practice your hunting.
The material that the bow is crafted with makes it ideal for hunting even in extreme weather conditions since it is made with aluminum steel. For accuracy purposes, the bow is equipped with an advanced grip.
It has a sling for carrying purposes, and other accessories that enable one to have a closer shot. The bow is adjustable lengthwise from 12 to 30 inches.
According to needs for any bowhunters Bear Archery specially designed, manufactured and tested it. The Cruzer bow has an allows unbelievable draw length adjustment 12 – 30 inches and its adjustable draw weights up to 5-70 lbs.
The Cruzer bow is totally assembled with advanced quality accessories. So, it’s the hot cake for all hunters and shooters.
- It is straightforward to set up.
- It provides an accurate shoot due to some advanced features.
- Adjustable to acquire a comfortable weight and draw length.
- It is sturdy and durable.
- It does not come with arrows.
- It is suitable for right-handed people only.
7. Diamond Archery 2016 Edge Sb-1 – Lightweight Compound BowNo products found.
Just like other compound bows, Diamond Archery has excellent features that make it ideal and easy for hunting. It has lightweight making it suitable for kids since it only weighs about 35 pounds.
Note that the weight of the bow can be adjusted downwards up to 10 pounds less. The draw length is also adjustable up to 30 inches, and therefore one is required to use the draw length when buying arrows.
It is versatile since it allows the user to make multiple shots at once and has a binary cam which enables one to have an accurate view before shooting the arrow.
The bow is made with durable material that guarantees you extended services, and we cannot forget about the great price that the bow is sold at.
Therefore if you are looking for a bow that you can use to start your archery, then this is the appropriate choice for you.
- It is easy to adjust.
- It comes with most of the accessories fixed for you hence making your hunting easy and quick.
- The bow is also sold at a pocket-friendly price.
- The bow can only give a draw length adjustment up to 29 inches.
- The weight can only be adjusted about 10 pounds downwards.
8. Bear Archery Attitude Review – Best Bow For Right Handed Hunters
The bow is made with an aluminum riser to provide durability even when used in wet areas.This is a great and durable bow designed for right-handed hunters or other users.
The bow has a draw adjustable length which ranges from 25 to 29.5 inches while the weight can be adjusted from 40 to 70 pounds. If you would like a bow that you can buy for your teen, then this is excellent due to the versatility in adjustments.
The bow comes packed with other essential accessories like three pin sight; it also has a five arrow quiver, octane stabilizer a sling for carrying it and also whisker biscuit.
The bow gives a speed shoot of up to 340 or 400 feet per second. You don’t worry about the assembling part since the bow is usually set for you hence all you need is to add the accessories which are quite comfortable.
- It is easy to use.
- Both weight and lengths are adjustable for comfort usage.
- 90 percent of its compartments are fixed.
- The bow gives a great shoot within a short period.
- It is suitable for right-handed people only.
- It does not come with arrows too.
9. Quest Radical Compound Bow – Best Bow Under 500
This is another great bow for beginners. It is designed with a dual camera for accurate sight and has split limb design feature that consists of 6061 aluminum riser for a great finish.
It is quite easy to use the bow since it is equipped with an adjustable cam system that does not require one to press the bow when shooting.
Other accessories that are packed to be used with this bow are a string suppressor, six arrows, G5 headlock quiver, halo rest G5 stabilizer G5 Wrist sling for easy carrying of the bow four pin sight and also the meta peep.
Some of the great features that are found on the bow include the dual cam, Dura fuse finish of the bow, and the forged aluminum laser.
The measurements of the bow are 7.125 inches in height; it gives a speed of up to 295 per minute, the draw length is estimated to be between 17.5 to 30 inches.
- Using including for the beginners is easy.
- It is packed with arrows.
- It is quite easy to assemble the bow as well. Comes with a sling for easy carrying around.
- The bow has a maximum draw of 29.5 inches only.
- It is designed for right-handed people.
10. Diamond Archery 2016 Edges Sb-1 Review – Best New Release BowsNo products found.
If your nine-year-old is asking for a compound bow for Christmas, then I would recommend this bow for you. This is because the bow’s weight can be adjusted from 70 pounds to 9 pounds. Also, note that you can as well use it for hunting.
The draw length adjustability ranges from 15 to 30 inches in diameter making it a perfect bow for practicing and hunting. The bow gives a shooting speed of up to 313 feet in a second.
It is quite convenient since there are other parts are adjustable such as the rotating modules, and the pocket system as well.
The bows are perfect and ideal for right-hand draws since you hold it with the left hand.
- The bow is easy to use.
- Lightweight that can be adjusted to as low as 7 pounds in the case where kids are using it.
- It is also adjustable to provide an accurate shot.
- It is not suitable for left-handed people.
Things To Consider Before Choosing A Compound Bow
In this section, I’m going to show you the things you will need to know before you buy your first compound bow. This guide is dedicated to first-time compound bow buyers. I’ll be sharing some important tips, so stick around.
First things first. There are two concepts that you need to understand before you buy your first compound bow, and that is draw length and draw weight. In a nutshell, you draw length is the distance from your bow to the end of the string where it rests on your face.
The reason why this is important is that every bow is set to draw back to a certain point and then stopped. So, each bow has a certain draw length associated with the way that it is set up.
The bow will stop at a certain point, aka draw length, and you can pull it any further. This is important because if you purchase a bow that doesn’t have the right draw length, you will be out of luck.
Since you won’t be able to adjust it to your liking, you will have to buy a completely new bow. So, this is the first concept to be aware of, and that is draw length.
After draw length comes draw weight. This is the amount of poundage or force that it takes to draw the bow back. Keep in mind that not every bow has equal poundage.
Most of the compound bows have around 10 pounds of wiggle room. This means a single bow, for example, can draw between 60 to all the way up to 70 pounds of weight.
In general, this one has that sort of 10 pounds of wiggle room. If you are able to pull only 40 pounds, but you end up with a bow that can draw only 60 to 70 pounds, then that’s obviously won’t be a good fit for you.
And that’s why draw length and draw weight are important.
Cost Of Compound Bow & Its Accessories
The next you should keep in mind is the cost. There are a lot of hidden costs when it comes to buying your first compound bow that you may not be aware of. So, for the actual bow itself, you are looking at anywhere between $400 to all the way up to $3000.
Then there are all the added costs. These are the accessories that will need to add to your bow in order to completely set your compound up so that it’s ready for shooting.
- Arrows & Field Tips
You will need a set of arrows that will typically cost $4 – $10 per arrow. In addition, you will need field tips. These tips screw onto your arrows and allow you to practice shooting into a target.
- Bow Accessories
You will also need a sight scope, a rest, and a release. These are the non-negotiables that you will need in order to completely set up your first compound bow up and running.
There are also additional pieces of gear that you are probably going to want to purchase. This includes a bow case to protect your purchase, a stabilizer that will help you aim and shoot more accurately.
A quiver to hold your arrows, a target for shooting practice, and if you plan on buying your first compound bow for hunting, you will need broadheads and also a range finder.
Do not skip on the range finder if you plan on hunting with a compound bow. The distance between you and your target is very important, and it’s a lot different from hunting with a rifle.
Aside from all the gear, there are also maintenance costs that come with a compound bow. You will need to take it into an archery shop once a year to have it tuned up and shooting properly.
This can cost anywhere between $50 to $150. It will depend on what they need to do with your bow. You also may need to have the string replaced every year, depending on how much you shoot.
Also, be upfront about your budget. If you have a budget in mind of what you want to spend, especially after reading guide, you will know exactly how much you are capable of spending.
The price will vary depending on the purpose. You can buy a top-of-the-line bow, and it will last for the rest of your life. On the other hand, you can invest in something cheaper, lean the ins and outs of a compound bow, and gradually switch to a better one.
Cheaper bows, on the other hand, tend to sacrifice quality in places where performance drops. When it comes to compound bows, cheaper isn’t always better. Experience also matters when it comes to bowhunting. Practice as much as you can.
If you love to hunt or would like to learn how to, consider then buying the above compound bows since they have been voted as the best compound bows. They are easy to use, and each bow has its unique features that you must consider before you purchase.
It is also advisable that you seek help from a professional hunter regarding the best bow and arrows to use. Make sure the bow is adjustable in both weights or draw lengths to ensure that you will be comfortable working with it and for hunters, this is important since it determines the shot to give.
Related Buyer’s guides and Geeky Lists: